It's the last week of Quick Knits and we've got 3 different super bulky yarns at 20% off. This week we have our quickest knits, The Big Hat and Lightning Fast Mittens. These are two of our go-to, I need to knit something tonight patterns.
They're both great for knitters of all levels - The Big Hat is a little bit easier and quicker, but both are great and would work in any three of the yarns featured this week. Pictured above is The Big Hat in Berroco Macro 6739 Saxifrage and in Cascade Spuntaneous in 07 Gold. One skein is more than enough to knit the hat, even if you make it a little slouchy. There should even be enough left to make a pom pom - we have pom pom makers as well as snap on faux fur pom poms and tie on faux fur pom poms.
Between all of us at the store we've probably made dozens of pairs of the Lightning Fast Mittens. They're a great traditional mitten that lives up to its name. These ones are knit in Berroco Coco in 4904 Forest. The painterly splashes of colour all over the mitten make them so unique, but they also look great in the solid and heathered shades of our other two Quick Knit picks this week.
While we shared a couple of great Quick Knits this week, there are all kinds of patterns that would look great with these yarns from scarves to sweaters and even blankets. If you're looking for a great cozy bulky project to work on, read on!
These yarns are also really great for finger knitting if you have some kids to entertain over the break. Make a few lengths of finger knitting in bulky yarn and braid them together for a hand made scarf! These yarns also make great pom poms for garlands, wreaths and other home decor.
Some patterns that would work well with any of these yarns are
- Berroco has a ton of great patterns in Macro including free patterns for quick stockings, a cabled pillow and a squishy garter stripe blanket - large gauge home decor knits are so playful.
- They also have some great patterns for Coco including a textured scarf, a cute and warm headband and a beautiful fringed shawl.
- Cascade has some cute free patterns for hats, cowls and scarves in Spuntaneous.
- Alpine Lodge by Kalurah Hudson is a squishy super bulky cabled hat.
- Love those pom poms at the end of the Catena Scarf by Little Red Knits.
- The Oversized Taper Knit Scarf by Kelly Brooks is a squishy scarf that looks like it would be a relaxing knit.
- Entwine Scarf by Jane Richmond is a lovely giant scarf pattern - Odessa has knit is as gifts in Macro and Spuntaneous with great results.
- Marian, also by Jane Richmond is great if you need a one ball cowl in a hurry.
- The Hudson Scarf by Alexandra Tavel looks like it would crochet up in a minute!
- New to knitting or helping a friend learn? The Simple Garter Stitch by Stephanie Jessica Lau is a great beginner project.
- Tara-Lynn Morrison has SO many patterns that would be beautiful in these yarns. The Strathcona Sweater, Trefann Sweater and Kingston Sweater are a few popular ones we've seen knit up in these yarns.
Thanks again for joining us for 8 weeks of Quick Knits. We hope we helped you get some gift knitting done or inspired new projects. Happy Holidays from all of us.