- Cascade Lana Grande is on sale for $9.60
- Cascade Lana Grande Hat Kits are on sale for $16.80
- Rowan Big Wool is on sale for $17.60
- Estelle Bulky is on sale for $14.40
They will be on sale until next Monday, December 21st in the morning when our final Quick Knit is revealed.
We also have two super quick hats that would work with any of these yarns that we've knit up as well as a few other pattern ideas. We're combining the pattern notes for both patterns today since they have a lot in common.
This week Mona knit the Twist of Fate Beanie by Cathryn Johnson using one ball of super vibrant orange Rowan Big Wool and Odessa knit the Estelle Lana Grande Hat Kit pattern in Estelle Bulky. Both are nice bulky hats that feature cables - the Twist of Fate Beanie has all over cables and the Lana Grande pattern has a feature cable surrounded by textured stitches. They're both quite nice hats that make great gifts if you're not quite sure what to knit and are quite stylish. Pick the recipient's favourite colour or a nice neutral (and add a pom pom if you'd like) and let you needles fly!
Any of these yarns would work for both of the patterns. Estelle Bulky is a touch lighter than the other two yarns but they all knit up nicely and lend different characteristics to a bulky hat. Rowan Big Wool is soft and squishy, Cascade Lana Grande is wooly with lots of body and Estelle Bulky is smooth and has nice stitch definition.
- Haven't worked cables before? Scoll down to the cables section of these great videos for some tutorials from Knit Purl Hunter
- Here's a post from Modern Daily Knitting with some great cable knitting tips. And some great tips on cable knitting without a needle. When you're doing small twists like in the Twist of Fate Beanie it can be quicker to go without a needle.
- A long tail tubular cast adds a nice edge to a 1x1 rib brim. Give it a try if you're feeling adventurous.
- If you're familiar with magic loop, it's a great alternative to finishing off a hat instead of using DPNs.
Here are some more pattern ideas that would work with 1 skein of any of our Quick Knit yarns this week to make a gift in a hurry:
- The Friday Beanie by Winter's Weather Knits
- Everyday Ear Warmer by Angela Dykman
- Little Hearts Mittens by Destiny Meyer (make 2 pairs with two balls by reversing the colours on the second pair.
- Spruce Pine by Andrea Jimenez
- Tin Star by Kelly Vu
- Simple Seed Stitch Headband by Stephanie Jessica Lau
- Orchard Beanie by While they Dream
- The Big Hat by Davina Choy
- Country Comfort Mittens by InSLStitches
Check back next week for even quicker yarns and projects for last minute gifts.