Coronavirus has been identified in the city and it is our priority to do what we can to keep our community, customers and staff safe. Everything going on can be scary and/or overwhelming and crafting is a great thing to go when you need to calm down and relax while keeping busy. Lots of you have been in to pick up yarn for just that reason and we thank you for all the support as a small local business.
At this point we are remaining open with the following considerations:
- a commitment to strengthening our cleaning at the store throughout the day as well as adding additional deep cleaning before the store opens every day
- there is hand sanitizer as well as a bathroom where you can wash your hands so please do
- we ask if you are not feeling well to please stay home, we will do the same
- if you don’t want to come into the store for any reason but still need some yarn we’ve got your back – we can process your order over the phone and either meet you at your car with it, ship it out or even drop it off for you, we can chat about your options if need be
- you can contact us via phone, email or social media with any questions you have – our online store is currently down as we’ve had some hurdles working on it but we are always here and can answer your questions, send you photos of yarn to compare colours or send you links to get help with your projects in progress
- we will be open regular hours, 10-8 Monday through Thursday, 10-6 Friday and Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday
- regarding classes and social gatherings, please see below
- if anything changes we will make sure to keep you updated via our newsletter and social media
All classes currently in progress will continue unless we’ve contacted you specifically about your class. We’re taking measures to give larger classes with 5-8 students more space by physically spreading them out in the store a bit more.
If you don’t feel comfortable coming to the remainder of your March classes for whatever reason, please contact us and we will credit your account for missed classes. As we stated before, if you are sick, please don’t come to class, as a fibre community we need to look out for each other and keep each other safe and healthy.
Knit Night and Afternoon
All of our social groups will be cancelled for the near future, this includes Wednesday Knit Nights, Thursday Knit Afternoon and Night as well as Felter’s Night at the end of the month. While we don’t like to cancel these groups, we feel that it is important to not have large groups gathering in the store right now. We will let you know as soon as this changes. We are monitoring current recommendations from health officials and offices in the province and when things change we will work to communicate them with you.
At this point we are monitoring the situation and will make a plan for upcoming classes and events in April as it gets closer to the start dates of those classes. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this. We will be in touch with any further changes in schedules soon. Thank you again for all of your support and understanding. Times like this can be hard on a small local business and we appreciate you all!
You can call us at (204) 772-5648 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you have.